Dwight Feemster is a founding member of Duffy & Feemster. Mr. Feemster graduated in 1977 from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with honors in Economics (BA) and Accounting (BS). Prior to law school, he was employed with the Big Eight accounting firm, Arthur Andersen and Co., and received his CPA certificate from the State of North Carolina in 1979. While attending the University of Georgia Law School, Mr. Feemster clerked for the Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals of Georgia. He graduated cum laude from law school in 1982 and became a partner in the firm of Duffy & Feemster.
Mr. Feemster is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Dwight has served on the Executive Committee of the Savannah Bar Association and as the Treasurer and Secretary of the Savannah Trial Lawyers Association. He formerly served as a Municipal Court Judge, Pro-tem, in the city of Port Wentworth, Georgia. Dwight currently serves on the Judicial Liaison Committee with the Savannah Bar Association and previously served on the board of directors for the Old Savannah City Mission and the Coastal Georgia Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Mr. Feemster is married to Barbara Feemster and has two children. He enjoys golf, basketball, and participates in Kairos, an ecumenical prison ministry. He is a member of the St Patrick’s Day Parade committee.
Dwight currently practices law in the following specialized areas:
- Eminent Domain
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Business and Insurance Litigations
He has successfully represented clients in the following case types:
- Personal injury cases, including traumatic brain injury
- Litigation involving defective products causing serious injuries to clients
- Claims against construction contractors
- Representation involving serious automobile accidents
- Eminent domain disputes with the government
- Claims against insurance companies, including homeowner claims
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Disability claims
- Claims against trucking companies
He has also worked on various other civil and criminal cases.