Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 707-1197
Phone: (912) 236-6311
Duffy & Feemster

I am having work done on my house. Do I need to do anything with the city or county?

You may need to acquire a building permit from the City or County Inspections Department. New construction always needs a permit. Renovations may require a permit as well. This may be done by your contractor, but you should always check to see whether you need a permit and then make sure the permit was acquired. The permit is just the first step. The Inspections department of the city or the County (depending on the location of your house) will then inspect various parts of the work. The owner or the contractor also needs to call the inspections department for various inspections. Inspections performed include foundation, footings, framing, insulation, electrical rough-in and final, plumbing rough-in and final, mechanical rough-in and final, and then overall final inspection.

Live Chat